Couples Counseling, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Mindful Eating & Nutritional Psychology, & Psychotherapy
Benefits of Gottman Method Couples Therapy
My teachers, John & Julie Gottman, show in their research with couples of all sexual orientations that it's not enough to help people solve their problems. You have to separately nurture the friendship and love system. While we are focused on addressing specific differences, other juicy areas of the relationship can improve:
You may become closer, more flirtatious, have better sex, and find yourself thinking fondly about your partner between sessions.
Whatever ultimately happens with your relationship, you can become a more skilled human being who brings thoughtfulness to every encounter you have with others.
Through couples therapy for the queer community you'll:
- Add affection, seduction and play to your relationship
- Achieve a healthy amount of separation and time for individual pursuits
- Learn to oppose your partner in a respectful way
- Be deeply honored, regardless of your gender identity, gender creativity, or gender expression
- Negotiate mutual agreements around polyamory or make monogamy hot again
- Create authentic roles within a relationship or marriage
- For men, butches, FTMs, tops and masculine people, learn how to hold power in a way that is gentle and flexible as well as strong
- For women, femmes, FTMs, bottoms and feminine people, learn to assert your needs with clarity, while still allowing yourself to be receptive and seductive
- For androgynous, genderqueer, one-of-a-kind, fluid people, switches, and all humans, learn to integrate all of who you are and support your partner in celebrating her/him/zirself.
- Heal the stress related to the community's efforts to be treated equally in the eyes of the law and families of origin and to marry those they love.
- Learn the "best practices" of happy, successful couples to utilize in your relationship.
Therapy begins with three sessions of evaluation based on Gottman’s research. You can take a moment to read here to learn about the evaluation sessions.
Please call 510-594-8224 to schedule an appointment or get thoughtful answers to any questions you may have.
Please give me a call to learn more about how I can help you, 510-594-8224.
Contact: I do not use email for confidential communication. I prefer to make a personal connection with you by phone.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Mental Health Nutrition, Eating Meditation, Couples Counseling, & Psychotherapy
Oakland, Rockridge, Berkeley, East Bay, San Francisco Bay Area, live online in California
Spanish-speaking therapist • psicoterapia y consejería en español